The Ultimate Catamaran for Tropical Adventures
Length 55' Sail Area Main 993 sq/ft Beam 28' 4" Sail Area Blade Jib 405 sq/ft Draft 3'5" to 7'10" Sail Area Genoa 776 sq/ft Wing Clearance 41" at DWL Sail Area Spinnaker 2,300 sq/ft Displacement 25,500lbs Masthead from Waterline 78' Pounds per inch immersion 1,810
Hulls, decks and pilothouse are constructed from vacuum bagged SP Systems Ampreg epoxy resin and high performance glass laminate cored with “Core-Cell” SAN foam and PVC foam. All exterior surfaces are spray painted with linear polyurethane coating. A painted boot stripe in a contrasting color is included. Crossbeams are built of uni-directional carbon fiber/epoxy with foam cored epoxy/glass bulkheads. Extensive use is made of uni-directional carbon fiber reinforcement in high load areas of hulls and decks. Interior joinerwork and floorboards are all cored panels to provide stiffness at low weight.
Propulsion and Steering:
- Twin Yanmar 4JH5E (55 HP) diesel saildrive engines.
- Dual instrument panels with tachometer and engine monitoring gauges and alarms.
- Primary and secondary fuel filters.
- Dual “ZF Micro Commander” electronic single lever engine controls mounted at both the cockpit helm station and pilothouse inside helm.
- Bronze geared folding type propellers.
- Rudder blades are fiberglass composite, high performance hydrofoil section with solid Titanium rudder stocks turning in low friction bushings.
- Twin station cable and sheave steering using premium Edson components and roller bearings.
- Custom cockpit steering pedestal with compass and engine controls.
- Aluminum Mast and Booms:
Spars & Rigging
- Mast, main boom, jib boom, forward crossbeam and compression beam from Sparcraft.
- Painted mast, deck stepped with two sets of rod diamonds over single spreader.
- Masthead light, masthead VHF, wind instruments.
- All halyards and reefing lines are led to cockpit.
- Boom has internal reefing lines, topping lift.
- Self tacking jib hardware with Profurl reefing/furling unit Profurl reefing/furling unit for Genoa jib.
All type 316 1x19 SS Dyform wire rope stays and shrouds.
Navtec rod for mast diamond stays.
Dyneema halyards and control lines. Low stretch Dacron sheets.
- Anderson self tailing winches:
- One, ST56- electric #56 for mainsheet/main halyard.
- One, ST48 staysail sheet and reef lines.
- Two, ST56 for reaching genoa/spi sheets.
- Three, ST48 for traveller/runner controls and staysail traveler.
- Harken Mini-Maxi main sheet traveler 11’6” long.
- Harken self tacking jib traveler, 12’ long.
- Harken ball bearing blocks are standard equipment.
- Spinlock rope clutches
- Two cored epoxy/glass “hi lift” centerboards in epoxy/glass laminate trunks with low friction bushings.
- Up and down control lines to cockpit mounted line driver.
Each hull has two collision bulkheads forward.
- (8) Solar Panels,
- 4 x 130 watt and
- 4 x 250 wawtt output each.
- 12-volt circuit breaker panel with voltage and amp meters.
- Two Genasun LiFeP04 (Marine Lithium) house batteries, separated into two banks.
- Battery monitor
- (2) separate engine start batteries.
- Cantalupi (switched white/red) dome and LED reading lights.
- Resolux full spectrum fluorescent lights in galley and work areas.
- LED red night lighting within the pilothouse.
- Chart light
- AC System:
- Victron Quattro Inverter Charger (230V/50-60Hz, pure sine wave) to provide AC power from the batteries.
- 230v AC outlets are installed in the following places. (1) each head, (1) galley, (1) workbench, (2) nav. Station, (1) port side of pilothouse settee.
- (2) aluminum 100 gallon diesel fuel tanks each with deck fill, shut off and gauge.
- (2) composite 80 gallon water tanks each with deck fill, vent and gauge.
- B&G Precision Sailing Instruments (Wind/speed/depth instruments
- Interphase Forward Looking SONAR
- B&G Dual Autopilots (1 x Hydraulic and 1 x Linear Drive)
- Raymarine Class "B" AIS & GPS
- Raymarine 48nm Digidal RADAR
- Full Wireless (802.11) Connectivity to ship's Electronics
- Standard Horizon VHF radio (1 Fixed, and 2 Handheld)
- ICOM M802 SSB radio
- Iridium Satphone
- Stereo, AM/FM/CD with pilothouse speakers.
Hull and Deck Ventilation:
Total of 28 Opening hatches, ports and doors ensuring excellent ventilation in all spaces
Rails and Lifelines:
- Custom fabricated SS stanchions and lifelines.
- Custom fabricated polished SS pushpits.
- (4) SS Transom grab rails.
- Integral swim step on rudder
- Dual bow anchor rollers enable two anchors to be easily used at the same time.
- Lewmar V4 windlass with rope/chain gypsy and dual direction switch.
- Self-bailing lockers for self stowing chain and rode.
- 2 x "Spade" anchors and rodes
- 1 x Fortress storm anchor
Cleats and Docklines:
- Six 10" docking cleats, 2 bow, 2 stern, 2 springline
- Two 12” mooring cleats.
- Four (4) 5/8" 3 strand nylon docking lines each 50' in length are supplied.
- LED masthead Tri-color and anchor light.
- Mast mounted steaming light with deck flood light.
- LED deck level running lights.
- Exterior Lighting: Aft deck amber LED lights. Aft deck floodlights.